12-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
Hawker30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

[QUOTE=DaveDee;12779761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post

No, I find it perfect. This car is my daily drive and I can't wait to get in it every day. Once again subjective, but with the valves closed it is quiet.
The only time Gintani (sport) systems seem to be loud is when you accelerate heavily. I've had every major brand on now (catback and full systems) and love this the most, in fact it is the only one I like.
The valves alter the pitch slightly so there is less of a really deep sound, more of an aggressive roar, which was the design intention, not so much to make the system quiet, but reduce any drone. The idle volume is just nice and does not attract too much attention, open the valves and windows though, and give it some acceleration and it becomes a monster. I think the ideal exhaust is the sport as a catback and the valved sport with the X-Pipe
On your ideal exhaust scenario, what would you say the % reduction is from the valves open to closed? I just got the sport with x-pipe but I am concerned it is a bit too loud when driving in the neighborhood. I am seriously concidering the valved add-on but I would like to know if it makes a significant difference to the point where you are not turning heads at low idle.
Appreciate 0