View Single Post
      09-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I agree that some times we all fall down on our luck or things just did not play out well for us. But I will tell our system is screwed up, when I was out of a job and applied for unemployment and health insurance for my family and I was willing to pay for insurance since I had money in the bank and have a nice big house with two cars and I was told since I had no income it was not eligible for the insurance that I paid a lower premium.

They referred my case to Welfare. Today my kids both have a welfare health card which is good until they are 18 and was told never to loose it since they can never get it again if we loose it. For 6 months my kid were on welfare health system and got all their medical expense paid for nothing came out of my pocket even though I was willing and able to pay. They just went for the well visits and shots.

They were going to give us food stamps but we refused it, my wife could not bring herself to present the card at the store for food, she just went and got a part time job to cover the food costs.

After seeing this first hand I can see why people get hooked on all this and letting the government pay and tax payer pay for them. But a free cell phone, I am sorry there is no reason you can tell me that anyone needs a cell phone, yes it nice, but nothing change in the last 30 yrs where there is no other choose. They do not need internet access since you can always go to a library.

Honestly if they are going to say you need a cell phone or internet access why not a car as well since you might need to drive to an interview.

The government is like a crack dealer, they just continue to enable these people and not forcing them stand on their own.
Appreciate 0