08-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #33
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirer1guy View Post
I have the ER with no resonators and I want it LOUDER. I want a catless x pipe with resonators. The ER sound is sooooo aggressive and just gnarly...LOL

I wouldnt trade it for anything even half priced. To me the sound of the car is as pleasing as the aesthetic of the e92.
Haha.. You're crazy! Throw one of these on with the ER and post a video if the camera doesn't explode...

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-22...esonators.aspx

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the ER in person, but it's got to be awesome. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Had a z4m before my m3 and it's crazy how much the sound of each exhaust varied. Some sounded like bees in a can while some sounded exotic. It was really a get what you pay for scenario. Not the case with the E9x M3 IMO.

That being said if money is absolutely no issue some of the expense exhausts, akra etc, do look great.
Agree 100%. All depends upon your perspective. When I finally decided I wasn't going to drop the necessary coin for an Akra, my goal became to find something very affordable and superior to stock. More sound, better looking, lighter if possible. The Megan checks all of those boxes as far as I'm concerned.

It's not the world's highest quality stainless steel exhaust, but I don't care. If it starts falling apart on me, well, then I probably will... I don't expect that though.

Appreciate 0