911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Tom offers a 192pc kinematics kit, that he will not release or sell to anyone that isn't able to have the kit installed by himself or his team directly. He also offers a "smaller" kit which primarily aims to remove all rubber bushings from the car, and allow for more camber, roll centre, and bump steer correction. I believe that smaller kit can fairly be easily replicated with a combination of SPL arms and solid aluminum bushings, but it of course won't be as strong as the Schirmer kit.
There's not even 192 pieces in the suspension, even if you include all bushings, mounts and bolts... Something fishy there.

Regardless, from pictures I've seen the Schirmer cars are nothing special 'kinematics wise'. They use all factory pickup points in the front axle with adjustable arms - basically identical to SPL arms. In the rear the subframe looks stock with stock mounting points, hard to tell if it's changed on the hub though as the rear hubs look different. They replaced the lower control arm that houses the spring, but that won't make much difference - it's just a custom arm.
Just echoing information I've received from Tom & one of his distributors directly. I do agree that their kit is nothing unheard of, with the exception of the diff lift kit; I haven't seen that implemented onto many (if any) E9x M3s in NA. Their arms are a little beefier than SPL arms, and lack titanium bolts which I've heard aren't the strongest on dedicated track cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0