Thread: Too Risky?
View Single Post
      07-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
atl_libra
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Too Risky?

I've come across a two owner 2013 M3 ZCP with 70k on the clock for $20k. I spoke with current owner and he has done regular maintenance and the carfax somewhat backs that. Here are the things holding me back from pulling the trigger.

-First owner wrecked it 4 times during it's first year and put 13k miles on it before selling/tradein. I'm waiting to hear back from the body shop to see what the extent of the damage was.

-I ran a VINinspect on it and there is a notation of it being offered at an auction with "Frame Damage" as it's primary damage. Yet that same listing says Doc Type: Clean title. The Carfax also shows a clean title. Owner has a clean title in his possession. I also checked autoauctions.io and see no auction history for the VIN. Is this a possible mistake?

- TBA or Rod Bearings not done

-Front and rear bumper will need a respray (Chipping/pealing). Probably from poor quality of previous paint work.

Other than that...the vehicle seems fine. I'm waiting to get the PPI report back. Hopefully will show some insight into possible frame damage or not. Should I steer clear?
Appreciate 0