View Single Post
      12-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #24
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
That's awesome! Unfortunately I haven't had that type of luck and I personally don't know anyone locally that doesn't have the fear of their N54 335i not starting every morning. I've been there for many years...can't bring myself to go back. My focus is definitely not on the N54 335i though...
We drive our cars year round including winter and park them outside. They always start - will be below zero at night and single digit above zero for the next week here. I’d say over the past 7 years my 08 E90M3 has been slightly more reliable in terms of repairs than our 08 535xit, but I DIY and maintain them well.

To anyone on a budget who needs an inexpensive reliable car, I never recommend BMW and always suggest Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Infinity, Honda/Acura, Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai.

Leasing is usually a bad deal. Buying new is usually a bad deal unless you plan to keep forever. Buying 2-3 years old with extended warranty seems like the best balance. When we bought our CPO 08M3 and 535xit, we had 1-2 years of full warranty and 2 years of CPO warranty, and paid 1/3 less than new. It was the least risk—if they were bad cars we would have sold them when the warranty ran out. Still have them and will probably keep them another 2-3 years.
Appreciate 1