03-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
Schnooper
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Pure

New M3 Production Tracking

Hi Guys,

Just was looking for some help. I have ordered my new E92 M3 a few weeks ago, which is the source of much excitement (I am driving the wife nuts already)

After lots of Googling and searching, I have found that the North Americans can track their vehicle all the way thru the process. This includes point of order and allocation, production date, actual production, and shipping. The key information that they need to supply is either a VIN or production number.

I have tried using the bmwusa.com website to track my car, however when I attempt to add a car with my production number I get "Unable to find requested vehicle" which is kinda expected.

There appears to be lots of threads about new vehicle tracking, including the massive sticky thread created by Jason. But nothing really related to Australia.

I know that Australia cars can be tracked once they are built and have been assigned shipping details. But the level of details is minimal compared to the US.

So what I wanna know is can we get details like the North Americans all the way thru the process? I have my production number, but not my VIN - as it’s my understanding that VIN is allocated when the vehicle is built. Which BTW is mid next week.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0