View Single Post
      04-10-2023, 01:53 PM   #1450
Thumbie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/4/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
I just spoke to them via WhatsApp - is incredible that they provide this facility - I don’t know any other far east companies that do this.

They recommended I turn on echo cancellation on the unit.

Has anyone done this with any success?

https://youtube.com/shorts/CfqzovkA3ic?feature=share

They also expected that an oem mic solution would be worked on but said it wouldn’t work with the current hardware.

I wonder if they do an exchange program for those of us with the earlier unit.

I’m happy to unpair my phone from the stock system as I hope that would remove the confusion on hours to place and receive calls until an oem mic set up is available.

I believe when only connected to the P2000, all calls would route through it regardless of being in CarPlay mode.

The confusion for me is being able to press the button on the mic steering wheel - what functionality would that then provide, just cic control through the oem mic? Does a long press allow it to operate Siri?
I have now made a few calls while driving through the mr12olt supplied mic. People say it's OK and are still able to understand what I am saying. If a higher quality mic would fix the issue, I'd be happy to buy one. I like the idea of everything routed thru mr12volt instead of switching back and forth.

I will look into the noise cancellation settings and see if that makes any improvements.

As far as steering wheel buttons, I believe there are some settings in BimmerCode you can adjust to make it all work. I haven't looked into this yet as it's only been a week and I've been riding since the weather is nice. It will require digging back thru this thread.

I apologize if all my posts are annoying. I am trying to get back as much info as I can to others. It's probably time to break into a new thread? over 60 pages now and most is outdated since the new model came out fixing most issues.

2011 Jerez E90 M3 6-speed Competition Package
Appreciate 0