View Single Post
      10-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #61
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadC4s View Post
As the OP, I am very sorry to see all the vitriol my comments and question have caused. Sorry to have gotten so many so stirred up. Never Mind.
Bottom line (since you never clarified from your OP):

If you want AWD get the S4 since Audi's AWD blows away BMW's. Audi build performance AWD cars, BMW builds "utility" AWD cars and performance RWD cars. (This is a generalization - no flames please).

Since you are sersiously considering the S4, if you decide you don't need RWD, I would also consider the 335i in addition to the M3. You've already said that you are trying to be money conscious here, which is why I think the 335i is worth a look - and you can get the MSport package for some uniqueness as well. Don't get caught up to much in the debates about the capabilities of M3/S4/335i. Just go drive them and see for yourself.

If you are looking at the M3 coupe, I would skip the S4 altogether for sure and instead look at the S5 (I think you still get the V8 there, whice is a bonus in my book, although fuel economy will be much more M3-like than the S4 or S5 cab).
Appreciate 0