View Single Post
      04-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
DaFool
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
i dont know why everyone complains so much about idrive; it really isnt that bad or difficult to use. It is far from the best but not a deal-breaker...even the new idrive is not the best in my opinion. If interface is a big deal to you, steer clear of bmw, i have an s550 and find it quite amazing, i can do it blind folded, voice entry is superior etc...but then again people complain about that system as well(command)....i think the new lexus one is the highest rated one...but to sum-up, i would take the 08, but not at 55k, especially cause its used.

anyways, there is my idrive rant- its really not so bad, but i agree, bmw dropped the ball.
Gotta disagree a little. My wife's SL doesn't compare to my 09 iDrive. I love it. That and it automatically shows Downtown Houston as "Clutch City." Lexus is nice, but I'm really liking the iDrive especially the fact that I don't have to always lean in and touch the screen, I can use the nav and crap while driving, a passenger can do it while driving, etc.

As to the OP's question, 55k for a used 08 is good depending: is it an E93? If not, you're paying too much. Also, do you want an extended warranty? Plan to keep it over the warranty? You may want to go CPO or have the original owner buy the warranty, or hell, if you plan on going over 5 years, just get the new one.

My opinion. I originally chose an 08 E93, but someone bought it first. So, I got a new one. Don't regret it one bit.
Appreciate 0