09-13-2023, 11:22 AM   #219
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
OK fellas, here's where i am at. I have a T150 and basic, basic foldable rig for my GT7 escapades and I cannot use it to save my god damn life. I am all over the bloody road. I thought it was just me but got to use a Fanatec set up at an automotive event and sweet baby jesus it was incredible and in just 3 laps I felt way more on it (it too was GT7).

So i am in the process of looking for a PS5 compatible fanatec system and it seems the only one available new is the Gran Turismo bundle. https://fanatec.com/us-en/racing-whe...MjUwMi4wLjAuMA..

Questions, as i am REALLY confused by the Fanatec product line and their web site is an absolute abomination.

- Am I correct in saying this is my only Direct Drive alternative for PS5?

- Can use the base pedals that come with the bundle and just purchase the load cell kit to upgrade?

- Can I one day upgrade the wheel and if so do i need to buy just the wheel itself or do i need to buy both a wheel and what appears to be a bolt on paddle shift "hub"? I am a bit lost as to why the wheels don't come with paddle shifters but the Gran Turismo bundle above appears to have an integrated hub.

I realise some of these are newb questions but would appreciate some clarity.

Logitech has a DD that is ps compatible. Moza is supposedly releasing one.

For ps5 I think you need to use pedals that connect through the base. I think a set of fanatec loadcell pedals should work, but using another brand wont. (I don't have a ps5, just what I've heard)

Wheel upgrades depend a bit on brand and specific model. A lot of the time they are just a 70mm bolt circle like any aftermarket wheel. You do have to look out for things like switched mounted through the wheel or button boxes that extend past the mounting plane. Some are explicitly designed to be swappable. That GT wheel does not look like it is swappable. You'd have to buy a new wheel.
Appreciate 0