Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsonreds View Post
Hi! It seems that some parts of the TIS Manual are incomplete because I was getting crazy on not being able to remove the dashboard support frame, and checked the ISTA Service Manual. It turns out that there are more screws!!!

Well, I finally replaced the evaporator. Before re-installing everything I scheduled for tomorrow a visit from an AC Technician, just to test if the system is sealed and perform a vacuum pump on the system.

I torqued everything as advised in the TIS and ISTA manual, so I am pretty sure the AC system is sealed. Even though, I don't want to take any chance and wait for the technician. I am doing this for 2 reasons:

1. A vacuum pump and a manifold are tools needed to check if the system is properly sealed. It costs too much and the use I can give for these tools in the future is very limited.

2. Dismantling everything is not difficult (provided you have the CORRECT manuals); but is is time consuming. Even taking out the steering column is easy (I didn't mess up up the airbags and steering wheel, ISTA did not say it was necessary, though youtube videos said it was).

So, this is the point you don't want to screw up. Afterwards assembling everything is easy.

I will be happy to share my manuals after I finish the process. Thanks all for your help and comments!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsonreds View Post
Hi! It seems that some parts of the TIS Manual are incomplete because I was getting crazy on not being able to remove the dashboard support frame, and checked the ISTA Service Manual. It turns out that there are more screws!!!

Well, I finally replaced the evaporator. Before re-installing everything I scheduled for tomorrow a visit from an AC Technician, just to test if the system is sealed and perform a vacuum pump on the system.

I torqued everything as advised in the TIS and ISTA manual, so I am pretty sure the AC system is sealed. Even though, I don't want to take any chance and wait for the technician. I am doing this for 2 reasons:

1. A vacuum pump and a manifold are tools needed to check if the system is properly sealed. It costs too much and the use I can give for these tools in the future is very limited.

2. Dismantling everything is not difficult (provided you have the CORRECT manuals); but is is time consuming. Even taking out the steering column is easy (I didn't mess up up the airbags and steeri ng wheel, ISTA did not say it was necessary, though youtube videos said it was).

So, this is the point you don't want to screw up. Afterwards assembling everything is easy.

I will be happy to share my manuals after I finish the process. Thanks all for your help and comments!
Congratulations! Was the old evaporator a mess?