edsonreds
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonsup View Post
Yeah i think I plan on doing a DIY with a friend who has taken apart an e92 dash before. Along with the actual evaporator, would you know where I could get a list of other parts that should be replaced at the same time such as any o rings, extra clips in case they break while removing the dash, etc.?
Definately a hand helps a lot. We broke 2 clips (brittle) and we lost 1 screw, which we found afterwards. We replace the evaporator with OEM don't go with used or aftermarket. It's not worth it. Also the expansion valve with orange and firewall gaskets. Some people recommend the dryer. We did not replace it but check because we knew that it should be changed after the fact. We got everything online from highly reputable vendors. Also eventhough the blower was good we went ahead and replaced it. The toughest part was to put back all the steering components back together. At one point we though we would be taking it to the dealer. Document this disassemble part very well. Everything goes with a clip or attaches to something. Make sure everything is tight so it doesn't rattles afterwards. The whole job was about 20-24 hrs. Of course you can make it in less but we went slow just documenting everything. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonsup View Post
Yeah i think I plan on doing a DIY with a friend who has taken apart an e92 dash before. Along with the actual evaporator, would you know where I could get a list of other parts that should be replaced at the same time such as any o rings, extra clips in case they break while removing the dash, etc.?
Definately a hand helps a lot. We broke 2 clips (brittle) and we lost 1 screw, which we found afterwards. We replace the evaporator with OEM don't go with used or aftermarket. It's not worth it. Also the expansion valve with orange and firewall gaskets. Some people recommend the dryer. We did not replace it but check because we knew that it should be changed after the fact. We got everything online from highly reputable vendors. Also eventhough the blower was good we went ahead and replaced it. The toughest part was to put back all the steering components back together. At one point we though we would be taking it to the dealer. Document this disassemble part very well. Everything goes with a clip or attaches to something. Make sure everything is tight so it doesn't rattles afterwards. The whole job was about 20-24 hrs. Of course you can make it in less but we went slow just documenting everything. Good luck.
Hi there! I am embarked in replacing my evaporator following instructions found in the ISTA servicing guide. So far I managed to remove the dashboard without issues. I am classifying all screws and made an instruction tree with all the necessary steps. But I am having a problem.

Would you help me with some ideas?

I cannot retire the dash metal support frame. I took out the top 2 screws, the 4 ones in the driver side above the steering mount, 2 on the passenger side plus 2 more on the driver side (4 last ones on each extreme of the support), and one bolt by the glovebox mount. According to the manual I am not missing any screw but the frame on the driver side is not moving!! I am fearing metal to metal soldering, but I am chicken out on applying more force. Any ideas?
Appreciate 1
Timujin352.50