View Single Post
      03-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #6
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joonsup View Post
Yeah i think I plan on doing a DIY with a friend who has taken apart an e92 dash before. Along with the actual evaporator, would you know where I could get a list of other parts that should be replaced at the same time such as any o rings, extra clips in case they break while removing the dash, etc.?
Definately a hand helps a lot. We broke 2 clips (brittle) and we lost 1 screw, which we found afterwards. We replace the evaporator with OEM don't go with used or aftermarket. It's not worth it. Also the expansion valve with orange and firewall gaskets. Some people recommend the dryer. We did not replace it but check because we knew that it should be changed after the fact. We got everything online from highly reputable vendors. Also eventhough the blower was good we went ahead and replaced it. The toughest part was to put back all the steering components back together. At one point we though we would be taking it to the dealer. Document this disassemble part very well. Everything goes with a clip or attaches to something. Make sure everything is tight so it doesn't rattles afterwards. The whole job was about 20-24 hrs. Of course you can make it in less but we went slow just documenting everything. Good luck.
Appreciate 0