View Single Post
      01-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #19
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Great write-up! While I am also currently in the market for a car in the Cayman R price range, I couldn't bring myself to go that direction when the upgrades for the next gen platform are already well known: including lower weight and wider track as evidenced in the Boxster specs already unveiled.

Maybe its a personal problem, but I have a hard time considering a car that I know will be improved upon in the near future... even tho its probably the best pure sports car currently on the road. The next gen Cayman S is probably a year or so away, and will likely have a slight bump in power and maybe even a slightly lower weight than the current Cayman R. Plus it is guaranteed to be a looker based on what I've seen from the much improved looking new Boxster. Then that will come out and a Cayman R will be in the pipeline... etc...

That's why despite its heft and less sporty qualities, the E92 M3 (in some fun individual color) is still a more desirable option for me... knowing the next M3 will never recapture certain qualities. For me I'm down to an M3 or a TT-RS... and I think the TT-RS is winning! Rarity and uniqueness compels me!!

I'm jealous of you, enjoy the Cayman R for what it is today!
Appreciate 0