View Single Post
      07-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #44
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
I was putting in a short throw shifter in a Porsche I had a number of years ago. I had to take the gear shift off first to install the kit hardware.

I pulled and pulled on that thing for about 30 mins. Wouldn't budge. Then, as you, gave one last mighty pull and WHAMO! I ended up punching myself under my chin with the old gear shift. Bit my lip and tongue...blood all over the place. I looked like i was in a bar room fight for about a week.
I did a similar thing just last year--was putting a lawnmower blade back on. Had the mower sideways and was cranking on the bolt with a breaker bar and was putting all my force and quite a bit of weight into it figuring it needed to be really torqued on (don't want a blade flying off).

And there it went...socket slipped off and I took a face shot on the wheel of the mower. Nice cut on the lip in two places. Told everybody I got jumped by five guys and they said that's all that happened? A bunch of people believed it.
SakhirM410784.50
Lups11824.50
Sea-Tac1453.00