Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
That's odd because Schroth markets the quick fit pro as HANS compatible.

Schroth has two lines of harnesses. One are standard 2"/3" harnesses designed to be used with a harness bar and bolted to the chassis. The other line, the tuning line, are designed to be integrated with the OEM restraint system.

Make sure that you are taking those quotes and applying them to the right product.
It clearly states for all applications in parentheses. And I wasn't talking about the Pro. Just the regular quick fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo95se View Post
How is there a substantially different impact from an installation to the rear of the car? If the seat back fails you'll fall back, with an Oem belt or other. I guess I'm not visualizing this. Can someone explain?

I installed the harness last year but didn't get out, so look forward to using it in April.

As far as the dangers with the belt being routed downward, it has to do with how the force of an impact is distributed across your body and the harness. If routed incorrectly or at an unapproved angle, the shoulder belts will basically compress, and break, your spine.

That's how it was explained to me anyway.

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Appreciate 0