View Single Post
      05-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #59
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Just curious what you mean by "better"? Are you talking about material quality, build quality, features/amenities, or something else? Obviously it is built to a price and you aren't getting the premium interior of the GT3, for example, but that's also why it costs about $50k less. I'm fine with that trade-off and I admit it's far from a perfect car.
build quality, handling at the limit behavior

People have gone from E9Xs to 991 GT3s in this forum and have said the tactile qualities of the GT3 are not better in terms of buttons, clickers, etc. So you do not need a 150-200k car to have a better interior

For an example of what I'm talking about, go back to the ZR1 link. Look at the interior pics. In 2001 I had a 330Ci with a steering wheel that looked like that. I found it horrible and swapped it to an M3 steering wheel... that was back when I was practically starving to death to afford the monthly payments on that car...
The seats in that ancient 330Ci were also light years ahead of whatever those things are in that poor ZR1... etc etc etc.

The development team has to understand that people expect to see better than a GTi interior quality in a car that costs 90k-150k. There is just no going back from that.

I'm not trying to bust your chops. There is a market for cars faster than M3s that are not Porsches... I'm in it. And I wish they made those changes so I could buy one

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 05-08-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
BrewRifle419.50