Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer M View Post
Well. No one can say if you can do it yourself.
Look at the videos online and decide if you could something like this.

If you never done it then it will be not as easy.
You will get frustrated at some points mainly because you are afraid to break something. Chances are you will break something. For example I broke one of the locks on the plug for bank two while I was removing the plug. I am not concerned about it because the plug sits pretty tight anyway and I could secure it more with a wire if I have to.
The dealerships also break things on your car but don't tell you. So it's not like they are perfect.

There are a few tight spots and it depends on how big your hands are to get in there. Most likely you will get some kind of cuts and scratches before you are done.

What you get out of it is you learn quite a bit of your ride. in addition you can tackle other things that will be similar because of this experience. Like changing the fuel breather valve, that's for the most part the same procedure.

When I ordered mine from fcp, I put them in the shopping cart and left them there. I did not check out. A few days later I got a mail offering 5% off of I still want the items.
Maybe worth a try.

The best would be you team up with someone in your area who did something like this before.
My biggest concern was to get the air box of and on again.
Turned out to be not difficult at all.
The most annoying thing was to disconnect the wire harness to lift it up to get the actuators out.

All in, not bad at all.
Most of us do this kind of stuff for a long time and we all have in common that we made mistakes along the way. We did break things, sometimes a costly experience.
With the age of the Internet it became a lot easier to start because some people a willing to share their experience for our benefit.
Thanks, just got my 5% code. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChris View Post
Everyone starts diy'ing somewhere, maybe this is the job to get your feet wet.

Good point. I'm pretty much set to do it myself.
Peterpan BMW in Millbrae is charging $1200 flat rate for the work and parts not included in the price.

Last edited by 哇靠M3; 08-13-2018 at 11:22 AM..
Appreciate 0