View Single Post
      07-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Why ECS Tuning Sucks

Kind of surprised that this hasn't been posted yet, but I'll start. A few days ago, I discovered the Facebook group: "Why I hate ECS Tuning." I was one of the first 1000 members. Within just a few weeks, this Facebook group has amassed over 5,000 members. Just a few weeks. Maybe even just a month. Also, and FYI: If you buy from Turner, ECS has bought out Turner and Pelican Parts. I will no longer consider buying from those two any more.

Facebook . Groups . /1969390720044815/

My story. Last year, I placed an order with ECS tuning for some brake parts. I ordered all new pads, and sensors. I placed my order with my billing address still being in Hawaii and my shipping address to my apartment in the Midwest. A little while after ordering, I monitored the tracking and realized my parts were getting shipped to Hawaii! I called multiple times and was dropped by the customer service reps. After finally getting ahold of someone I was eventually told that they wouldn't change the address back to where I specified with the shipper and they wouldn't cover the shipping costs. My parts arrived in Hawaii and I had to pay $75 out of pocket to get them back to where they were supposed to be shipped in the first place. Even though they made the mistake, they still forced me to correct the issue by paying out of pocket.

So I'm $75 short. Okay. What happens next is upsetting. AFTER I finally get my box. The box is not packed properly at all (See photo). Not only did they not properly package it. The packaging on the brakes had come apart from being thrown around inside this big empty box. The sensors had tears in their bags, and everything was fucking covered in brake dust. So not only did you screw me over, you screwed me over twice.

So I join this group on Facebook. Turns out I'm not the only one. Tons and tons of people are getting this type of treatment from ECS. If you join you'll see improperly packaged boxes, read horror stories from other people, hear about how ECS places a hold on your credit card and fake bills it once a year (YES, they actually admitted to doing this). There are many worse stories in the group, and whenever people seem to call about the issues, they always get their calls dropped.

Never again am I giving a dime to ECS. From now on I will be paying FCP Euro & getbmwparts.com. I've seen FCP's packaging. I've been reading excellent reviews from many people in the group about them, including what they did to fix situations and issues. I'm spending $8000 on brand new parts in January and don't want a penny of it to go to ECS.

Make your own conclusions, but if you TOO have a horror story, please tell.
Attached Images

Last edited by IanMan; 11-27-2019 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 3
SoCalRPM885.50
Not Sure212.50