10-24-2008, 01:42 AM   #22
pittsy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
you might consider that my exhaust is virtually straight pipes. my mufflers are pretty much wide open, you can see right through them. they're more like echo chambers, they only make the exhaust sound deeper and with a meaner growl. stock exhaust doesn't make a whole lot of noise at all...that muffler is heavy and filled will lots of channels to dampen the sound. i also have 3" true dual pipes. a lot more resonance. it sounds good, but it's too loud for me i guess.

it really is insane in real life. like i said above, it's too loud for me. i wish it was a little softer because it's hard to be stealth with it. it wakes the neighbors and it rattles my back door if i leave it running in the garage, no kidding. anyone that has been to a local meet has heard it, i definitely win the ridiculous exhaust category. but my whole point is don't do it. it's too loud. i plan on changing it soon for that reason. some people might like it but it gets old pretty fast for me. hope this provides insight for people thinking about a resonator delete with some sort of aftermarket muffler.
you definitely have won the ridiculous exhaust category, people will love the sound for the first month and then will tired of it really quick. its it a WOW factor, people trust what he is saying, you do not want to live with his exhaust all the time. Like I said you will love it but it will get annoying!! I have the Remus Race and it is a very good system, the cold starts can be loud but nothing like what blake has
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
Appreciate 0