11-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #19
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpardun View Post
My local beat cop has ticketed me 6 times in the past 5 years (same guy), while my car is parked in front of my house.

Gotta love that one!
While parked at your house? That's not public safety, that's envy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
+1 to what mpardun said.

I was pulled over for speeding about a year ago. After the cop got done caressing my car, he left it at that - he didn't even mention the front plate or the darker tint.

I'm convinced the city/county of Denver has some sort of agenda though. I always park in a lot now b/c I've had 3 tickets in a year parking at meters. Haven't had the same issue in other cities though...

All that said, my husband got pulled over for not having a front plate on his E36 M3 in Parker the day after he registered it. He ended up getting out of it because he'd just driven the car here from TN. I think it really does depend on how bored the cop is.
Downtown meter maids are famous for ticketing for no front plate. But what else can they ticket you for?!?!? Must justify their existence, that's their agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
I've gotten ticketed many times in downtown Denver and CC, FYI they are now the $75 variety ticket. I did get pulled over twice by cops with a pissy attitude and nothing better to do only for not having a font plate. Once was in Denver and once on 25.
Just solely for no front plate. Ouch. That's what concerns me going out on a Fri or Sat night.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0