Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
Nik;

That is exactly what I said to my tech yesterday when we saw you were selling! No kidding.A 7 series and the AA Gen2 S65 for more fun. The F01 is amazing and so is the 650 gran coupe.

Well I've been driving around my Mom's 550GT AWD which is based on the 7 series platform. Power bump too so 450hp 450lbtq in a wagon ish looking BMW lol. Very fun smoking people in that thing. Well I was driving it around more to see if getting a 7 series and keeping my M3 would work but nope. It's just too dull. Maybe once a week or if I'm really beat but not a good option.

Regarding the E63 I have always liked AMGs on paper but have been hugely disappointed after driving them. CL63 was very boring, same with a C63. With that being said, I don't think the E63 with the boring AMG automatic will end up doing it for me. Will give it a shot so no regrets but an F10 M5 is probably going to be the winner. After driving the GT I realized I really wan't something in the middle of my M3 and the GT...sounds like an M5 to me.

Been driving my father's Masersti GranTurismoS too in order to get a feel of a regular automatic transmission with paddles. It just isn't there. I'm very dissapointed in AMG and Audi RS7 for sticking with a regular auto. Even if they shift at the same speed just the feel makes all the difference. The new E63 reviews have praised the AWD handling but all said the transmission sucks.

We'll see but LCI M5 is the front runner...
Balanced choice my man
Appreciate 0