View Single Post
      06-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #8
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

If the accident entry is that bothersome, can the body shop do a quick inspection? Do you have a paint depth meter - with that you could likely determine where it was hit and go from there.

I wouldn't bother offering $26K when their no-haggle price is $31.5K. You may pass on it, but someone else will come along and pay their price, someone who sees a beautiful M3 with no current damage. They only need 1 buyer.

That's why I wouldn't necessarily run from it. Someday you will sell it, and you'll only need 1 buyer too, assuming you sell it yourself. Sure some/most may pass on it because of that accident, but it will sell, and w/o you having to completely cave on the price.

Now if you trade cars in, then as BOOF says you'll get considerably less at trade in. But dealers give you nothing on trade-in regardless of accident or not, which I which I have never, and will never trade a car in.

I personally wouldn't be that scared of it, but keep in mind there are other cars out there too. I mean, if the color, options, mileage, etc. check all your boxes, then maybe it's worth pursing. If they don't, I'd move on just based on that.

Good luck sorting it out.
Appreciate 3
BayE301341.00
BOOF-M34451.50