View Single Post
      02-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #12
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Does a gravity bleed work on these cars?
Only one way to find out, right? I'll try it for you buddy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
Hi there, I got your PM but figured I'd answer this publically in case anyone else has the same issue.
Great idea, to help others. Thanks man. Will finish the job that way after trying gravity and/or low vacuum first.

By the way, air WAS sucked up from the top, so beware folks. Reason was the darn filter that prevents fluid swings from affecting the fluid level sensor is too darn tight, and can't be removed without messing it up. Fluid was getting sucked quicker than new fluid could permeate thru the filter. So the filter area was topped off all the time, but not the actual fluid level. So can't use full vacuum on that puppy. Will post results later on. Have been too busy driving and working on the new toy . Never been a Ferrari fan, but this 6MT drives pretty darn nice, and with every option, everything is leather, even the door sills, pillars, back of seats, back tray..... I have to say I definitely like better the sound of my M3, but with the valves removed, it sounds wicked, especially with the top down. The steering is the best I've ever felt, even better than Porsche. And the massive carbon-ceramic brakes make my M3 brakes feel like a Civic. And feels a lot more powerful vs the M3 than the 414 vs 495 suggest. Weightwise is about 3,400 vs 3,700. Can't wait to register it today to take it for a high-speed run. Good day gang.
Attached Images

Last edited by JCtx; 02-23-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0