04-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #4264
Maeiourk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
Gotcha, that's pretty much the reason why I went with the 24-70 f/2.8 as well. That extra stop of light is really handy. Plus, I never really shoot video so the IS would be wasted. I have the older 24-70 f/2.8 and its a workhorse of a lens. It's solidly built and has yet to fail me in any situation. The newer mark II is much sharper and better in every single way. You will NOT be disappointed!
I know I won't! I'm just worried as some reviews I've read has some negative thoughts about it. Like the sharpness is not being consistent. Sometimes it would be sharp, sometimes it doesn't. So now I'm considering the 16-35 f/2.8L, 50 f/1.2L, and 70-200 f/2.8 combo instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druu View Post
If you are worried about bad copies, you should the seller send you uneditted samples with exif. At the very worst, you can usually get it serviced at canon very cheap if not free. I *think* every lens is given one free servicing.

I personally have bought my 17-40L 35L and 50L used from people and upon inspection and with image samples i haven't been disappointed.
Yea, I'll probably do that if I'm going to buy a used lens. Thank you!
Appreciate 0