10-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #32
drchuck72
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arben72 View Post
That's weird. I have had seen at least a million Amg package Mercedes. My dad has owned two. None of the one's I've seen had a fake amg badge unless you include the ones in Albania/Macedonia.
Maybe it's only up here north of the border. I've seen too many AMG badged E350s, E550s, C350s etc. to dismiss this as poseurs putting the badges on themselves. Also, the cars that I see are not base model cars with 16in rims (sometimes steel wheels and wheel covers like the base 323s I've seen with M badges). They typically have AMG rims and bodykits.

Now, the M Sport models (like the ZHP) that we've seen in the past that kept the M Badges out of sight on the door sills, steering wheel, shift knob (okay, not out of sight but off the outside of the car) are going to have them right where the poseurs like to put them.

On a related note, in the 80s and 90s, there were E24 M635CSi models and E34 M540s sold in Canada. Not the first time the M has preceded a triple digit model designation.