10-10-2016, 03:02 AM   #20
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurvis08 View Post
Im hoping they meant the oil filter gasket as well... I have not noticed anymore leaking since I got the car back Thursday. I did not drive it much except to work and back Friday (30 miles round trip) and then on Saturday morning I left for a 2 hour trip out of town. About 45 minutes into it the "Oil Level Low, Add one quart immediately" light came on. The dealer had just changed the oil a day prior.

I stopped immediately and added 1/4 of a quart of the BMW 10/60 castrol that I had in my trunk, still no noticeable leaks on ground or in the engine bay. I continued on... about 20 miles later the oil gauge updated and was completely full after adding only 1/4 qt.?? My thoughts are that the gauge never caught up from the dealers oil change and was showing low, then by the time I drove enough it was corrected?

It has been fine since then and on my 2 hr drive back the gauge was still full. Anyways its going back to the same shop tomorrow for a thorough checkup, this is becoming a pain in the ass.
As leak seems to be gone it sounds like they got it, great. As you can read in tins of threads the oil gauge sometimes live their own lives. You theory may very well be what happend. With gauge at full, the way I also prefer it, you should be good mate.
Appreciate 0