11-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #13
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777RP View Post
Whelp, quick update, good news and bad. The bad is I'm not an M3 owner yet. The good, if anyone is still interested in the car, it is still for sale.

The long and short is I flew up to Toronto last week, drove to Barrie to sign the docs and pick up the car, but seeing the car in person there was way more damage than what was relayed to me by the sales associate.The car looks great from the pics, but up close was a different story. The clear coat was peeling in multiple areas along the roof line and lower rockers, the hood was full of rock chips and scratches, the high gloss shadow line trim was bubbling with rust, and the hood latch was broken. There were more issues, but you get the point. I could have handled a few scratches and rock chips, but the car looked thrashed, like someone just leased it for 4 years and didn't care about how they gave it back. My 7yr old 535xi wagon with 187k kms on it is in better shape.

The dealership did offer to repair the damaged items, but I wasn't interested in a 4 yr old car with multiple panels needing a repaint.

So the search continues.....

wow... sorry to hear this!
That is just terrible, especially for a BMW dealership.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0