11-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #107
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinz View Post
Just finished this a few days ago. The oil absorbed completely after 2 days, even though it wasn't that warm in the garage, but it wasn't super cold either, maybe around 13 degrees Celsius.

I was hoping for slightly better results, maybe when it's warmer and the leather absorbs the oil better, it will look better?

This is before the application, the passenger seat:

Attachment 939994

The driver seat with another leather conditioner on it that I decided to try. It makes it quite oily, but you can still see all the imperfection, and my main issue: the line on the bottom left side of the picture:

Attachment 939995

After the Rejuvinating Oil and Prestine Clean, first the passenger seat:

Attachment 939997

Now the driver's seat:

Attachment 939998

Attachment 939999

Attachment 940000

Notice the line is still there? But the little lines near the front of the seat are much smaller, and the seats as a whole from a distance look great, like they are brand new. I'm quite happy with this.

It's the first time the seats were conditioned, and not in the warm temperatures like they were supposed to. I'll take some better pictures later with a real camera and try to put the oil on as soon as it gets warm again. Maybe the leather will "stretch" a little bit and "adapt" and absorb all of these lines as it gets "broken in".

I don't know how you guys don't have any such lines on your seats! Maybe I'm too heavy? The car is only 5 months old...
Looks good to me,keep in mind it was only 13° Celsius !
For the next treatment try to do it in about 30° Celsius when possible...and let it sit for 2 days,and the result will be even better !
About your stretch lines (creases ,wrinkles)in the leather of your driver seat,i have this too but only about 10 % of your level and my car has 31,000miles on it !
And why the big stretch in your leather.... ?
Well the answer is....and caused by your heated seats..... 100 % sure !
I saw it a lot in cars with heated leather seats also Merc !
How can this be ?....
When you heat up a piece of leather and you put a weight on top of it...the leather will stretch ...and quickly !
So the answer is that heated seats is actualy nok for our leather,the leather is heated up and your body weight is seated on top of it..and how longer...the more your leather will be stretched !
And i know heated seats is very nice in winter with cold temps,but the downside you have just read !
BTW...Pinz THX for posting your pics...i like people when they say something,that they also do it ...thats the way how i'm too

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-16-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0