View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #63
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

I have waited a little while before weighing in on this thread.I had a 08 E92 with the 6 speed that I had big issues with 1-2nd shifts which became so bad that the transmission was changed at 42000 kms.The replacement transmission also started to shift poorly after about 5000 kms.Yes it did shift much better at higher rpm but I am not unconvinced that it was not an issue with the clutch dragging when it was hot like in stop & go traffic.I found it very annoying as I have been driving manual transmissions in trucks & cars for over 40 years and have been racing for 35 of those years.
My experience with the Tremac transmissions has been much more positive and I never had these issues in any of my other cars that had much more torque like my Camaro SS & C5Z06.My other M cars over the years certianly never had this issue.
I was disappointed enough in this that I ordered a 2011 E92 with the M-DCT and have been quite impressed by it.There are some minor annoyances on the street but on the track it is stellar!I am quite happy with my decision.
Appreciate 0