synclastica_86
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F32 435i, E92 M3, S550

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
But how many CSLs do you think they would sell? Or more to the point: how many does BMW think they can sell? .
Um... every single one they make. They won't produce many, maybe 1-200. They'll all be spoken for before the first delivery.

Quote:
By my thinking, I believe it's a mistake -- the CSL would make a good "halo" car, like Nissan's GT-R. It would show everyone what BMW is capable of. (And it would keep the engineers happy. ) They spend money on F1, don't they? The CSL is more of the same thing. Sorta like advertising.
Not really... especially if they treat it like the E46 CSL. They didn't produce nearly enough publicity for the car unlike the nissan GTR. The average BMW buyer (not the enthusists on this forum) doesn't even know the existance of a CSL. Don't trust me? Ask around. If they were to make a halo car... they'd better make a big deal out of it.

Quote:
I'd like to have one but I'd probably never get one if they did offer it. I want a daily driver that's immensely fun and rewarding to drive. The M3 fits the bill for that. Even if the driving experience of the CSL is more so, the loss of practicality with the added expense of acquiring one makes it a no go for me.
For me, at least, the CSL does have the potential to be a daily driver. It is not that much harsher than an ordinary M3. It is also by no means a lotus like track car. That said, at that price range, I'd go for a porsche or the baby aston.

Current: BMW F32 435iA M-Sports; BMW E92 M3, M-DCT; Mercedes W221 S550 4matic; Ford Fiesta ST; Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
Retired: BMW E93 323iA; BMW E85 Z4 3.0i, SMG; Lexus IS 250 AWD; Lexus GX 470; Mercedes W203 C230 Sportscoupe; Peugeot 206 S16; Peugeot 206 RC
Appreciate 0