TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
No. I worked very hard to obtain a career important enough that I can schedule my time around days off and I get paid enough where one measly day at 1.5 pay is of little significance to me. But I can understand those shirts at the Gap don't fold themselves and the drive thru at Burger King doesn't operate itself, so kudos to you folks who work on Christmas Eve. I could never do it, nor want to do it.
Yeah, those Emergency Care Unit Doc's, RN's, EMT's workin' the Holidays have nothing on you when it comes to importance. No doubt you worked hard while obtaining your exalted position in life while those physicians answered a craigslist advert to earn their practice. Don't worry, should you be unfortunate enough to require EMS, you and yours will get the same level of care no matter how important you are... or aren't.

Some of my best Christmases included a 12 hour shift in a busy ER. Not the same as being with family, but then, many of my co-workers we're an extended family of sorts.

Happy Holidays to all professionals or other assorted riff-raff fortunate or unfortunate enough to work this holiday. Best of luck.
Appreciate 0