View Single Post
      02-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #42
Killerfish2012
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335I, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Try to stay on topic so you can keep the thread relevant. This is not a rod bearing thread.
You derailed the living daylights out of the thread by calling attention to yourself. Some refer to this as trolling.

Quote:
Obviously racing stresses the cooling system.
What in God's name does racing have to do with a wax based thermostat that quit after 7 years, and 125K miles? It was well beyond it's normal life span. Obviously, you know nothing about how a car's cooling system works, if you think that racing is inversely related to thermostat lifespan. Honestly, I'd shudder to know what you think about the aging of rod bearings.

Quote:
If you cannot afford to maintain it and do not have the skills to work on your car yourself, you should probably choose a hobby other than racing
You know NOTHING about my finances guy. It's you who bought a used Luxury sports car that you can't afford, thus you do all the work on the car. I've read your recent advise to the potential buyer about the M3 affordability, and laughed. Seriously, end your personal recession, and please contribute to the economy, and have your vehicle properly serviced by techs, who know the proper procedure for diagnosing rod bearing issues. You'll never guess, that it does not involve ripping into your car, to do a swap.

Quote:
My car is modded, driven year round including winter in New England and I have taken it to the track and the drag strip. I also do all my own maintenance. Changing a thermostat is no big deal to me and would not affect how I use my car in any way.
Prove that you've driven your car at the track. You don't have any posts in the track section. Your car is supercharged, and lives in the garage. You bought your car before me. If you're daily driven, you should be at or above 100K by now, but you're barely above 50K. Liar
Appreciate 0