01-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #52
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
In Kanada, it won't be more than $2200 that BMW Canada charges for SMG for the M5 / M6. BMW Canada is smart and they have been aggressive given the recent changes in the currency.

The root issue is all the silly people in America who think they can shift better than a computer. Without the silly 6MT, BMW would have been able to capitalize DCT R&D over more units and lower the price.

Get over it people, women don't really care if you can drive stick.
Wow, that seems quite low for the DCT option in Canada. I hope you are right. I agree with the second statement wholeheartedly. As long as M-DCT performs I think the vast majority of those who prefer MT would still buy it and be happy with it. Even though it did not work out perfectly in the NA market BMW offering the M5/6 (initially) and CSL abroad all only with SMG was a good and progressive decision.

Lastly the third statment was the true charm and both really funny and novel. This one has not been brought up in the pages and pages of MT vs. DCT debate.

@///MArdor: Look at the "competitive" (not exactly the same technology) prices from other folks (again like Porshe) and look at what SMG II in the E46 M3 cost. Then think a bit about what folks would label "outrageous". I think putting all of these small details together tells us the price. Even if $3k is off and not high enough there is a snowballs change in hell it'll be $5k in the US.
Appreciate 0