View Single Post
      10-22-2021, 09:04 PM   #22
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter.M3 View Post
Test drove one of these the other day. I was absolutely blown away, went ahead and ordered one and am contemplating selling my m3. I have had mustangs too, even a gt350, the camaro blew it away in my opinion. It's the torque and the manliness of it, also the low seating position. All in all, I was very surprised and impressed and don't think the camaro should be compared to a mustang, being a 911 owner it reminded me more of that than a mustang. Incredibly impressed. Anyone else have any experience with a camaro?

I ordered mine with a sunroof as the test car did not have one. It was very claustrophobic. I would never buy a camaro without a sunroof. Felt like a submarine or cough coffin cough without a sunroof but still all that instant torque, sound, incredible handling, the ELSD, wow. I have never been this excited to drive any car.

I think it also has to do with the price and maintenance. Something about being able to pick up oil and a filter at walmart for 60 bucks and have service done at an honest chevy dealer is a breath a fresh air. VERY VERY impressed. Go order one before they stop making them! May be last year, 2023 is not confirmed as of yet!!
I have had 6 Camaro's, my last was a 18' SS 1LE. Dynamically it is really as good as any current car under $100k. This is not an exaggeration, the car is simply amazing to drive hard. I am older now and need more from a car than just driving dynamics. You said it best, if a sunroof makes it better, then go for it! I simply did not like driving it for that very reason, however mine did not have a sunroof. The E9x are great cars, but their chassis is simply not as good. Prior to my M2cs I had a ESS 625 M3 so I am familiar with the E9x.