Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
well i guess in your case i would do the same.. but replacing their sparkplug at 15k-18k maybe thats just being OCD... My dad was a mechanic for more than 25 years all cars now retired and replacing spark plug that often is just a waste... they dont change anything on the car unless it is needed to replace per service manual at this point our cars is at 37k... i do mine at 30k.... My last sparkplug change did it at 40k.. just cause i didnt have the tools to do it..plugs was still in good conditions. i dont know maybe its just me... oil change is a different story... i change mine every 7k tranny at 15k-25k (depends on how my tranny feels. Diff at 25k.
I agree, Sean. It was just the longevity of the plug in the head. The previous owner took exceptional care of the vehicle so for me, $150 or so every 3 years is ok. For those doing 15-18k/year, probably keeping the plugs in good shape, tracking probably keeps the plugs clean as well. You just reminded me to do the diff soon.