View Single Post
      05-08-2023, 01:25 AM   #664
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
That following weekend, for the 22nd and 23rd of April, we went to Sonoma. Fortunately for me, Sonoma is only 90 minutes away vs the 7-8 hours to Vegas and 8-9 hours to Chuckwalla, hah. It was a very relaxing weekend in contrast to Vegas.

During the first two sessions, it was pretty close to my other Bimmer Challenge competitors, but I was practicing on pretty much heat cycled out Pirellis. I had the 2 HC Pirellis I had put on for Vegas available, and I swapped to those. I was able to set a pretty good time, but I knew there was more time on the table. I basically blew turn 11 because the old predictive time got me overly excited. Braked in too deep and it compromised the corner in what could have easily been 42s.

This was the 3rd session, and I didn't think it was going to get any better, as it was getting quite warm at the end of the day.

Unfortunately Day 2 was no faster, in fact, it got worse. I ended up gambling in the first session and not fueling enough and ended up puttering down the back straight with fuel starvation. I barely made it to the pits.

For whatever reason, that 2nd day, times just got worse. But still, that hero lap on day 1 was enough to secure fastest BMW time for the weekend.
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0