12-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #100
z3papa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 ZCP, 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Having swapped out DWs for PSS for my street tires, they sure are a lot better in the dry than the Contis. My Contis were horrid in terms of uniformity also...continual issues even after multiple roadforce balancing attempts. I have a similar issue on my S4 with the DWS' just not as bad.

Check out how the PSC2 are performing on the latest cars using them such as the GT3 and C7 Z06 along with the feedback from those that have driven them. Record levels of lateral grip and braking distances on these tires have been established for street cars in the past few months. Granted they're great cars, but the tires play a large role in the outcome.
I'm not saying that DW's are better dry or even overall tires that Super Sports but DW's were better wet tires. As for Sport Cup 2's and what they are doing on track, that very well may be a different story. If you have any links, I'd appreciate. My overall feeling is Michelin tends to go conservative on sidewall stiffness for sound and comfort. Autocross on stock/street setups (modest camber and spring rates) will likely reward that stiffness.