regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Agreed about the octane problem !
Why......... ?
Last year in november i had an oil change at my BMW dealer here in Belgium and 2 days before my appointment i had sent a email with the link and pics of a previous thread of this forum about bearing failure and blow engines to the chief mechanic of my BMW dealer .
So i arrived at my BMW dealer and asked him that he saw my email link,yes was the answer and we talked about this bearing problem.
The first thing that he pointed out was.....all this bearing failures occurred in the US ,and the main reason for him was the poor fuel quality and low octane in the US !
My answer was ....so here in Belgium there are no bearing failures ?
His anser was .... 0 % ! And he showed me the Puma system with the result of 0 % bearing problems !
And his last words of our conversation were like this.......
Simply continue to fill here up with 98 Ron and you will have never bearing failure !
Not to forget that the chief mechanic works for more than 20 years for BMW and is specialized in ///M cars and that he has all of his education,training,updates in Germany with BMW !
So personal all that i can hope is ...that he his right
I understand you hope he's right. But he's not an engineer, nor a chemist, nor ever seen the problem. Yet he tells you the root cause is low octane fuel in the US and he's never so much as inspected a single failure? Did you ever ask him to explain the failures in the EU?

98 RON is the same as 94 AKI. Most of the US is filled with 93 AKI.
Appreciate 0