No_Country
Rep
Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
IMO M3 DCT > Euro RS4 > M3 6MT > US RS4

The RS4 has a much better transmission than the M3 6MT, shorter gearing as well which helps low to mid-RPM response in higher gears. The M3 DCT is a class above both cars though in terms of performance and daily driveability, but I'm guessing you want a manual transmission.

One concern I would have is that I understand the US Spec RS4 is quite a bit heavier than the Euro Spec RS4, which already is giving up around 100-120kg of weight to the M3. So you could be looking at 170kg+ more weight in the RS4.

If it is a second car, then I'd be inclined to go for more fun and go the M3. I'd only go an 09 M3 Sedan though, the shape is much nicer and the iDrive is much better.

The final thing to consider is the clogged valve issues that have been occurring with RS4s as a result of Direct Fuel Injection - I'd be really concerned about picking up a used RS4 with high miles on it...
I calling into my local Audi dealer on Thursday to see about a small A3 for the niece, I will ask them whether they have had any problems with clogged valves on the R8 and RS4. Will report back on my return.