No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2018 F87 M2

Garage List
2018 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Thanks! You should have come over and said hi! There was a whole group of us there. We didn't bite!----well, one of us did, but we know how to control him….

That was the first weekend I was driving the car gutted and caged. It was a mind blowing experience that weekend because I've driven the car for several years with a full stock interior. Obviously, the car was ridiculously different! There was no aero on the car and the rear was all over the place because it was so much lighter back there after the gutting. Plus, it's just SO much louder in there now. But, it is quite a blast to drive.

Now with the full aero on it, the car is very balanced and SO MUCH fun to drive. I'm dropping multiple seconds off my previous bests every track I visit. I dropped 3 seconds off my time at Chuckwalla (1:55.8), 2.4 seconds at Big Willow (1:28.4), and 5 seconds at Buttonwillow (1:49.0). And these are just my first visits to these places with the aero. I'm just starting to learn what all these changes are netting me. The car has much more in it. We'll see how much more I have in me. It will be a fun process learning to drive what is basically a whole new car.

And now, I have one more big change in the car………after 48000 miles, a part was wearing out and was making funny noises. It's been replaced with an aftermarket part upgrade. It just got installed yesterday (unfortunately, I'll have to wait until January to check it out). Anyone wanna guess what it is?
New Diff???