View Single Post
      09-22-2018, 11:11 AM   #6
bkfastwagon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Thank you for the thorough review. I am considering RS3 to possibly replace e92 m3 so this was very helpful to me. I have never driven an RS3 but have read mostly positive reviews. There are few things that are holding me back though- albeit concerns by journalist and owners and not from my personal experience. One reviewer (I think it was EVO), said that it's strangely not as engaging as Golf R despite much more potent engine. Some owners have also commented on the artificial feel - like playing video game. Audi's are not known for steering feel. I know this from my past experiences with B8.5 S4 and Golf R which is basically same car as S3. I don't really care for virtual cockpit and other gimmicks; wish Audi had made RS3 more focused and engaging instead. I believe the direction Audi Sport is taking with RS cars is more of GT car instead of focused sports cars. This is evident throughout the RS line up. For example, the plastic pedal shifters mounted to the steering wheels of RS3 and RS5 look and feel cheap. Despite all this I think RS3 is a fantastic package especially in snowy regions. I just think I will miss the feel of e92/90 and for the price of RS3, one can probably get a e92 m3 and a nicely used WRX/STI.
Appreciate 0