View Single Post
      07-29-2018, 04:21 AM   #16
skiv23
Rep
Drives: m3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiswhitem3 View Post
So the tune doesn't even make the car run faster?
No, at least in my case. My car is having the same VBox times running both 241e and tune. Compared to stock '13 decat no tune as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSY View Post
You removed your O2 sensors entirely???? That is a huge problem if so. Can't imagine a car would even run out of limp mode with all O2 sensors gone. If I'm hearing you correctly, reinstall brand new O2 sensors as they often get damaged by removal in a way you can't even see it. Then clear adaptations. Then you should be good
And what is the problem exactly? As far as I know, secondaries only check that cats are still in place and still efficient. A friend of mine has been driving the car ('13 no tune mentioned above, secondary o2s removed entirely) since last summer with no issues except the CEL. Yet he is 0.1s faster than any other local m3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMan View Post
FYI, from a buddy of mine who tunes the V8 and V10, STAY AWAY FROM THE BURBLE. He mentioned the wear that it causes on the engine is not worth it.
Did he also mention what wear it causes exactly? The burble itself is just fuel firing in the exhaust. You can't hear anything unless it's (exhaust) warmed up.
Appreciate 0