View Single Post
      10-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #48
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox003 View Post
Audi can make as little S5's as they want and can boast on how high the demand for their cars is....but in the end, they didn't get my money....and I'm their targeted clientele. Some buyers may have the patience to wait 6-9 months for a car, but in an economic state this volatile, things can turn on a dime.

If the RS5 is listed at 100k+, I don't see why one wouldn't consider a used DB9/GT from the States....but then again, since I have dual residency in Canada and in the US, I don't concern myself with the 6% import duty. As for running costs, it's not like the maintenance for a RS5 is free either (last time I've checked, Audi no longer include their Audi Care in their lineup of cars). And I doubt many would use a DB9/GT as a daily beater anyway....that's what the M3 is for . Of course one has to be careful when purchasing anything used, but as long as the mileage is not astronomical and you do the proper background check on the car....

So yea, if you're gonna spend 100k+ on a car, why not spend a little bit more and go up a notch.
A little bit more? Granted, I've only done a quick scan of ebay, but DB9s seem to have but it nows in around $150k. And if you want to register it in Canada you will have to pay duty, regardless of your citizenship. So tax in you are looking at a car that is 60% more expensive, not even including maintenance.
Appreciate 0