View Single Post
      09-08-2017, 04:53 AM   #1
badluck
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Badluck's manual E46 M3 coupe build thread

After having an M2 for a while and deciding to sell it, i decided i hadn't finished with M car ownership yet (before these cars I only had Japanese cars).

picture of my m2 on the ring.

I picked up this clean manual 2003 E46 M3 coupe in black with 48k miles on it. I bought this car to hopefully keep for a while and make it into a decent road/track/nurburgring project.

on first inspection seemed to be free from rust, no vanos issues etc. After getting it home i noticed that the driver side window wasn't dipping when opening or closing and could see that it wasn't sensing that the door was opening. Needed a new door lock actuator as the sensor had broken, that sorted the problem out.

First thing i ordered for the car was new oil, filter, sparks, differential oil (with the friction modifier) and magnetic drain plug.

unfortunately when changing the oil myself i snapped the bolt in the filter housing so ended up getting the car towed to Tegiwa to get it sorted out.

They checked the car over for me thoroughly while it was there and noticed i needed a new cv boot so that got replaced. After the issue with the filter housing was sorted and the engine oil/diff oil changed i decided get the subframe/bootfloor reinforcement done by Tegiwa. On inspection there was no damage at all but wanted to have this done and out the way to prevent damage in the future.

Powerflex Bushes added

great service from the guys at Tegiwa, happy with their work and happy to have the car back. Gloss black grills arrived.

I had gloss black grills on my black m2 and loved how that looked, much prefer these the the chrome versions.

official BMW motorsport 'golf ball' gear knob i ordered from Germany. I needed to buy a regular e46 shift gaiter as my m3 illuminated gear knob was one piece with the leather. Love the way this looks and feels.

Spent a couple days detailing the car.

Last edited by badluck; 09-08-2017 at 05:00 AM..
Appreciate 0