View Single Post
      08-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #134
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
I have the leather. $20k cars do not have it and can't order it. But they handles iPhone integration a lot better, it seems.

I understand a new version of the adapter is to be released shortly that does marginally more, and it will be a lot more expensive to offer what $20k cars offer, perhaps.

My two disappointments with the car I took delivery of last week are incomplete delivery of tech promises (menu placeholders that do nothing) and that the dealer by mistake took my storage space away and had the factory install the spare kit. The latter is not BMWs fault.

From everything I've read my '14 x5 won't be compatible with CarPlay. Id love to hear otherwise.
Man, I purposely got the spare (was stranded three times in my M5). I wanted runflats and a spare. The good news is you can sell that darn thing and make a lot of money. I personally would keep it for added piece of mind.

As for the snap in adapter, I'm not aware of anything you need it for with the exception of added signal strength. Something I'm not aware of any other car maker offering.

I also have yet to be in a car that offers what BMW does in terms of integration. I always hear about these great integrations but when I go to try them (say Infiniti?) they are never as well done as BMW.
Appreciate 0