06-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #36
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacE82 View Post
What a horrible decision. Pacquiao definitely won that fight. I was surprised when the announcer read the first score at 115-113 and said "Bradley." And after he announced the final decision, I thought maybe he read the scores wrong. I mean even a 115-113 win for Pacquiao would have been wrong because he definitely beat Bradley by more than that. I read that Arum went up to Bradley before the decision was read and Bradley said, "I tried hard, but I couldn't beat the guy." Such a horrible loss for Pacquiao AND boxing.

I also just saw this article on Yahoo.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...ane-ford-.html
Boxing is totally corrupt. The guy that did my knee and shoulder surgery use to be a ring-side doctor. He straight-up told me, "you need to find a new sport to follow; this one is totally corrupt". This was 5 years ago or so he told me that, and he was a doctor for an athletic commission probably 10-15 years before that. With no global governing body, this will continue to happen. It's really disgusting when you consider that these men are literally risking their lives in the ring.

I love Arum grandstanding up their after the fight about how outraged he was. The guy is a fucking slimeball. He can't even keep it straight either. One reported asked him how he had it, and he said 10 rounds for Pac. Then, no less that 2 mins later, he said he had it 11-1 like HBO. He also fabricated that Bradley's manager had Pac winning. Total lie.

I don't know why the media doesn't sack the fuck up and ask the most basic question:

"Bob, isn't it accurate that the person that benefits most from this decision is you since it locks in a rematch under the original contract? Since Pac would have been a free agent after this match?"

Perhaps the most disgusting thing is that Arum is likely richer than any boxer in the world, and there is no end to his greed and manipulation.
Appreciate 0