09-26-2011, 01:04 AM   #64
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
I agree that Jerez is a pretty amazing color– it definitely grew on me more the longer I had it. And I figured that the matte black might lose a couple people as I've noticed it's likely the most polarizing mod to do to a car– you either LOVE it or HATE it. Some people think it looks cheap. (not when done properly IMO– which will be the case). Some people think it looks tacky and played out. (I completely disagree– its a nice detail. Clear coats are played out ) They were finishing a wrap on a GTR when I dropped my car off.. that thing looked mean as hell, and far from cheap. When it comes down to it, this will help protect my car from the perils of DDing duty, and make it look even more aggressive in my eyes.

I do like your idea about matte white and leaving the Jerez to show through tho– that would be a really sick color combo. I kicked around going to matte white, but it just wasn't me... and if you knew me, you'd know I love the color black by a landslide.

Always bet on black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
noooooo dont do matte black! Jerez is so beautiful with everything you've got going on!!!

If you wan't to wrap then do matte white and leave those areas (mirrors splitters and such) jerez. matte white is far less common and looks way better imo. But if it were me I'd leave it jerez