09-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #152
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Sorry but my advice is that life is short and if you can afford it and really want it then buy the damn GTR and have fun!
I agree.

If you want ultimate fast car of these two then no contest. They are indeed very different prospects. Relevant comp for the GT-R is 911 TT. The GT-R is a triumph of engineering to its function: max attack.

I love my M3 for being a wonderful all-rounder: comfy enough for DD; but press a few buttons, change rubber etc and it's good enough for a great outing on a track. For me it's a nicer place to spend time over long distance.

Maybe the analogy is this: there's that hot blonde you fall for and have a passionate affair with, and for that time she consumes your mind. But there's also the cute girl who makes you laugh; has a neat pair of legs; normal boobs; and she's working on her Masters. She's the one you marry as a keeper. It's nice to have the fling, though

FWIW, I'm one of those who like the GT-R, admire its purpose and the design- in its context - is consistent with both its history and purpose. Same for the M3.

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i

Last edited by Voltigeur; 09-18-2011 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0